Guesthouses Powered by Alternative Energy Sources - Cape Town South Africa
Cape Town, South Africa, is a city with a high potential for sustainable tourism due to its abundant natural resources, such as sunshine and wind. Guesthouses powered by alternative energy sources are a great way for the city to showcase its commitment to sustainable tourism while providing visitors with unique and eco-friendly accommodations. In this article, we will explore some of the guesthouses in Cape Town that are powered by alternative energy sources.
- La Maison On Main (www.lmom.co.za) self-catering holiday rental in Paarl's Main Road. La Maison On Main is a boutique holiday rental for families from all around the globe. Solar panels meet the property's energy needs by taking them off the grid.
- The Greenhouse Boutique Hotel is located in the trendy neighborhood of Green Point, The Greenhouse Boutique Hotel is a four-star hotel that prides itself on being eco-friendly. The hotel's energy needs are met by solar panels installed on the roof, which provide electricity and heat water. The hotel also has a rainwater harvesting system that collects and filters rainwater for reuse.
- Albatross Guesthouse is situated in Muizenberg, a beach town known for its surfing and laid-back atmosphere, Albatross Guesthouse is a charming bed and breakfast that uses solar panels to generate electricity. The guesthouse also has a solar water heating system, which provides hot water for showers and taps.
- Sunbird Lodge is a guesthouse in Table View, a suburb of Cape Town that offers stunning views of Table Mountain and the Atlantic Ocean. The guesthouse uses a solar panel system to generate electricity and heat water, and has a rainwater harvesting system that collects rainwater for use in the garden.
- The Backpack is a budget-friendly hostel in the heart of Cape Town's city center. The hostel has an innovative approach to sustainability, using a combination of solar panels, wind turbines, and a biogas digester to generate energy. The biogas digester converts organic waste into energy, which is then used to power the hostel's kitchen.
- The Verge Aparthotel is a stylish aparthotel located in Sea Point, a suburb of Cape Town known for its lively atmosphere and beautiful promenade. The aparthotel uses solar panels to generate electricity and has a rainwater harvesting system that collects rainwater for use in the building.
In conclusion, Cape Town is a city that offers a range of guesthouses powered by alternative energy sources. These guesthouses not only provide visitors with unique and eco-friendly accommodations, but they also showcase the city's commitment to sustainable tourism. With its abundant natural resources, Cape Town has the potential to become a leader in sustainable tourism and inspire other cities to follow suit.